Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Visit from the past..

The history: The start of my freshman year I met this wonderful person. Everytime I saw her, everytime I heard her voice, everytime I saw her name pop up on my phone, my heart jumped. I was truly lost in lust. At one point in time I felt I loved her; I would do anything for her. All that changed over a period on time. ER and I use to take naps together,watch movies,ride, talk, laugh and cry all of this together. I miss her. But, ER fell for someone else. I wanted to take it slow with her and she wanted to take it slow with me. I guess we took it too slow. Some how TB came into the picture and swept ER of her feet -I got the dirt that never seems to make it on the dust pan no matter how much you sweep it-. They've been together ever since. Now, ER and I are left wondering the 'could have beens' of us.

Sometime last week, I saw ER. I always try to walk past her or behind her to avoid the visit from the past. This time I couldn't avoid it. The elevator didn't come fast enough though I repeatedly pressed the button for it to come. I started to take the stairs but I was being lazy because I stay on the fifth floor. There we stood waiting on the elevator,side by side,alone. I could tell there was thoughts pontificating her, just as well as thoughts were whirling around in mines.The elevator came,we got on still not saying a word,still alone . She pressed 3 and I pressed 5. For some reason I was holding my breath the whole time. The elevator whisked us up to the 3rd floor, though it seem like it was an eternity,to me. She stepped off without saying a word and turning right to walk to her destination. I let out a sigh of relief and anticipated my arrival to the 5th floor.

I wonder,now, why didn't I speak?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

me either...you should have said something